We recently had the privilege of sponsoring and being a part of the Be Phenomenal events hosted by Glenn Twiddle in Melbourne and Brisbane. This was a real estate event, with over 750 agents attending the 2 day event. I wanted to share my view on the 3 key messages that were being shared.
1. Implement Great strategies are nothing unless they are put into action. All of the key speakers had the same thing in common here. They got on and got stuff done. Period. Eric Thomas put it that innovation was rewarded, but execution was worshipped (I think he used better language and made it sound better, but you get the idea)
2. Be Consistent Motivation is a powerful tool, but it’s fuel usually runs out after a week or two. Putting in place systems and strategies that allow you to consistently do the tasks, marketing and prospecting that needs to be done is essential to working less than 100hrs a week. Or simply not being consistent I am guilty of it myself. I start with great intentions, whether it be blogging, podcasts, heck even mail outs, and I do that for a living! But we let things get in the way. Dedicating time, having systems and processes will ensure consistency prevails.
3. Saturation Achieving market saturation is something most agents can’t or wont do – due to fear or lack of understanding on how to do it. Mat Steinwede gave his example that when he made a follow up call and was told that the person was going to literally hunt him down and kill him if he received anything else from him, he knew he had reached saturation. Don’t be put off be the 1%ers when you can provide so much benefit and knowledge to the other 99% I have a widget on my website that pops up and asked people if there is anything I can help with (a live chat thing) If they leave the site and come back again, it pops back up and says ‘Thanks for coming back, is there anything I can help with now?’ I recently had someone rant and rave and explain how they weren’t going to use my service because of this irritation But the number of people who have chatted to me, and said, ‘Oh this is an excellent service, I didn’t think I would get to chat online with a real person’ That’s the 99% I want to work with
And finally – Be Human! All of the speakers are super nice people – They like to have fun, they love chatting with buyers and sellers. There is no slick, shiny, hide the truth type stuff – in fact, another common trait amongst the speakers was to share as much information as you possibly can. Eric Thomas gave away his weekly videos for 3 years before he even looked at offering a servive or product – by that point people knew what he was about, and they trusted him.
A fantastic first day, lots of value and if you couldn’t make the event, you will still get heaps of value by buying the DVD boxsets that will come out soon.