Carl recently had the pleasure of being part of the REUncut Podcase series for the week. He was able to share some of his insights from the Alpha Mail book. Links to the Audio and transcription (very rough) below:
Date March 9 2015
Interview Kevin Turner – Real Estate uncut
8.59-Kevin: “Good day” Carl how you doing?
9.00-Carl: Very good Kevin thanks for having me on.
9.03-Kevin That’s a pleasure Mate.
9.15-Kevin: The first question for you Carl, Why direct mail and who do you target?
9.19-Carl: Yeah defiantly Kevin, well look I think, the reason why direct mail is almost coming back in vogue is people have started seeing a more perceived value within the letter, so as a consumer at home people actually recognise that the time and effort that’s gone into creating a letter, everyone understands the ease with which we can send email and the amount of emails people get every day
Letters are getting few and far between so when people do receive them it actually sort of holds more value to them when they read it
9.49-Kevin Yeah, I mean were seeing a lot of junk email coming in and it’s very easy in the morning you get 100 emails and just you may have to delete 95 emails wear as a letter coming across yeah your right has a more perceived value
10.02-Carl: Yeah defiantly, look a lot more email systems now are getting a lot stricter with their spamming regulations and I know there are a few apps out there now where they actually look through your email and filter out the stuff that they consider junk
10.16-Kevin: Yeah I don’t think I’d like to leave that to a third party I’ve we’ve all been junk spammed junk scanners on our email. How many people from your experience Carl are actually in buying and selling modes at any one time?
10.30-Carl: Yeah, Look we tend to find that round about 3% of the audience that are buying and selling at any one time, so what we talk about when we talk about that’s use of direct mail is how to engage with the audience in the other 97% so in terms of building a long term real estate business obviously getting through those 3% now is great, but you also have to focus on that 97% which are going to be your potential customers in the future
10.57-Kevin: Yeah we will continue to talk about direct mail during the week.
11.31-Kevin: Carl, talk to you in the morning
11.32-Carl: Thanks Kevin.